Walking the Inca Trail with the Expeditions of the Inca Trail will be one of those experiences that you will remember forever as this is the essential adventure of the Peruvian journey, a perfect blend of cosmopolitan and traditional Andean life. For this excursion to Machu Picchu you can immerse yourself in that gigantic and preserved Inca culture by listening to the locals proudly defend their traditions while learning one or two Quechua words along the way, immerse yourself in those fantastic landscapes, in true living paintings of Mother Nature and redefine the way you travel while taking care of everything else.
Like all Inca Trail Expeditions tours, the Inca Trail Tour to Machu Picchu is a trip made to order by travel specialists so you can enjoy every minute without losing money.
DAY 1: EXCURSION MACHU PICCHU: CUSCO – CHACHABAMBA – WIÑAYWAYNA – MACHU PICCHU
We pick you up at your hotel bus at 5:40 am (depending on the train time) and take you to the train station. We traveled by train along a very scenic route for 2 and a half hours until we reached kilometer 104 – Chachabamba, where we began our exciting adventure: Hiking the Inca Trail. From here, we have a walk of approximately 4 hours to the Inca site Wiñay Wayna (‘Siempre Joven’) (2680m / 8792ft).
Then we will continue to Inti Punku (‘Puerta del Sol’) (2730m / 8957ft) from where you will have your first view of the majestic Machu Picchu (2400m / 7873ft). We go down the last part of the road to the old city. Before arriving at Machu Picchu, we have a short break and then descend to Aguas Calientes or Machupicchu Pueblo on the tourist bus. We arrived around 4:30 pm, and we moved to our hotel where we will spend the night.
Meals: Lunch – Tea Time – Dinner.
ITINERARY Day 1
Bus to Ollantaytambo – Train to Km 104 / Chachabamba.
10:00 a.m. at 4:30 p.m.
Walk to Machu Picchu. Chachabamba – Wiñayhayna – Machu Picchu Optional: visit to the Thermal Baths of Machupicchu Pueblo.
DAY 2: EXCURSION MACHU PICCHU
After a rich and tasty breakfast we take the bus approximately at 6:00 am to the Macchu Pichu to enjoy the beautiful sunrise. A hiking tour of around 2 hours is given by your tour guide, after which you can explore the mysterious city by yourself. When you feel full of mystical vibrations of that legendary place we return to Aguas Calientes to take the train back to Ollantaytambo followed by a bus to Cusco. You must return to your hotel at 10:30 p.m. And here ends his adventure in Machu Picchu. Meals: Breakfast.
ITINERARY Day 2
From 6:00 a.m. at 5:30 p.m.
Tour to Machu Picchu: Guided tour Free afternoon Return by train to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco.
- Transfers In / Out
- Transportation from Cusco to Km. 104 / Chachabamba where we start the hike along the Inca Trail.
- Bilingual professional guide
- Assistant guide (for groups of 9 or more people)
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Bus tickets to the city of Machupicchu Inca and the town of Machupicchu.
- 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 snack, 1 dinner and several snacks to eat throughout the day; the second day includes only breakfast
- First aid kit
- 1 oxygen tank
- Porters (carrying food and cooking equipment)
- 1 night in a tourist hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Expedition train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo train station to your hotel in Cusco.
Does not include
- First breakfast before the transfer on the first day – lunch on the last day in Aguas Calientes.
- Extra porter for personal items.
- Tips are not included but it is optional
- Additional features
- Canes ($ 15 for a pair of canes).
- Extra porter for personal effects ($ 60 for 7 Kilos – max 7 Kilos).
- Ascent of class to individual room in Aguas Calientes ($ 35) for 01 night.
- Upgrade to Vistadome train ($ 80).
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu ($ 75) – There is limited space at Huayna Picchu (400 people per day), so it’s a good idea to book in advance.
- We can help you book hotels (standard and luxury) throughout Peru.
- Hotels in Cusco: no matter what standard you want (Standard, Tourist, First Class or Luxury) you should ask us to book your room, as we know all the different rates for each hotel in Cusco and we can assure you a good deal.
You need to take for the tours:
- Original passport (and international student card (ISIC) if applicable).
- Boots for walking.
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho.
- Jacket coat, hat and gloves.
- Comfortable pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen cream (factor 35 recommended).
- Reusable plastic or metal water container or camel bags.
- Insect repellent.
- Personal medication
- Camera and movies.
- Flashlight with spare batteries (the headlights are the best).
- Optional Items to Carry | Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2 Days.
- Staff (with rubber tip).
- Plaster and bandages.
- Flips flops.
- Extra money.
- Swimsuit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes) where the cost of the entrance to the door is US $ 4.
WHEN TO RESERVE THE WALK BY THE INCA TRAIL 2 DAYS
The government has strictly limited the number of people allowed on the Inca Trail (permits are issued to about 200 walkers per day plus 300 porters, these 500 permits include 4 days of Inca Trail). We recommend making a trekking reservation as soon as possible, it is recommended 4 months in advance.
To qualify as a student, it is necessary to have a valid ISIC card. Scan the card and send us the copy by email at the time of your reservation. Then we will offer a discount of $ 20 per student.
For children under 16, we offer a $ 20 discount (you also need to scan and e-mail us a copy of the passports).
For children under 7, we offer a $ 50 discount (the same here: you need to scan and email passports).
|Inca Trail short To Machu Picchu
2 D / 1 N