Unique and unforgettable experiential experience in Lake Titicaca, where we will visit the floating islands of the Uros, and spend the night in the natural island of Amantani, share with one of the local families, their customs, daily activities and typical food. From the top of the island we can see the sunset of all the splendor of Lake Titicaca. The next day we will visit the island of Taquile, which stands out for its fine craftsmanship and ancestral customs.
The tour begins with the transfer of the Hotel (Downtown) to the Port of Puno to board the ship to the Floating Islands of the Uros, Amantani and Taquile, as the first destination we will visit the Uros Islands, located 7 kilometers from the city of Puno, Approximately 25 to 30 minutes by boat. We will visit 02 of more than 90 islands, where we will know your lifestyle, history, customs, clothing, main activities such as crafts, tourism and artisanal fishing. We will share new experiences with the families about an hour and a half, where the guide will explain in detail about the construction of floating islands, which are built and finished with totora base, then the native family will invite us to take an additional walk in their Typical totora boats, the tour lasts approximately 20 min. (Optional), in the direction of the island of the capital, where you will find restaurants, snack shops, trout breeding and a variety of local handicrafts.
Then we went to the Island of Amantani, with an approximate time of 3 hours. It is located to the east of the peninsula of Capachica, to the north of the island of Taquile, in Lake Titicaca. It has a population of about 800 families, distributed in the 10 communities.
Upon arrival at the main port of the community, a family awaits us to take us to their home to teach us their experiences, clothing, lifestyle, main activities and the tasting of their typical food where we will share after our arrival a family lunch, Prior Indication of the guide we will concentrate an indicated hour in the main square of the locality to be able to ascend to the traditional temples like the PACHATATA and PACHAMAMA, and in the top of the mountain we will be able to appreciate the majestic panoramic view of The sunset of our lake Titikaka, we will descend to the main square where each family will take us back to the accommodation, we will taste a typical dinner with the family, during the night there is a welcome party (Peña Show) offered by La comunidad for its visitors.
Overnight in Amantani.
The following day we will have a typical farewell breakfast to continue towards the natural island of Taquile (Intika in Quechua), with an estimated time of 1 hour. On arrival we walked forty minutes. To get to the main square of the village where we will have contact with the locals, our guide will explain its history, typical clothes, hand knits, crafts, activities, main traditions and customs. Then we will taste the delicious lunch offered by a local restaurant next to the main square overlooking the lake. We will have free time to visit the surroundings, to know its temples and traditional stone arches.
After indicating our guide we will descend through the 547 steps to the main port of Taquile where our boat waits for us to return to Puno, upon arrival we will send them to their respective hotels or main points of the city of Puno.
Start: 8:00 am. (Day 01) Return: 03:30 pm. (Day 02) Duration: 02 days / 01 night.
- 07:45 AM Transfers from the hotel to the port (Downtown).
- 08:00 AM Departure to the Island of Uros, Amantani and Taquile (shared service).
- 08:30 AM Arrival and visit to the floating islands of Uros.
- 13:30 PM Arrival to the island of Amantani.
- 14:00 PM Typical lunch at the home of the local family.
- 16:00 PM Hike to Pachatata Temple to await sunset.
- 18:00 PM Dinner and overnight at a local house.
- At night there is a party (traditional Peña) to welcome visitors.
- 08:00 AM After the typical breakfast in Amantani we leave for Taquile
- 09:00 AM Arrival in Taquile and walk to the village.
- 10:30 AM Arrival to the main city of Taquile.
- 11:30 AM Lunch.
- 12:30 PM We will descend the 547 steps.
- 15:30 PM Arrival in Puno and transfer from the port to the Hotel.
- Transfers Hotel-Puerto-Hotel
- Two-day bilingual guide.
- Entrance to the islands Uros, Amantani and Taquile.
- Motorized motorboat.
- Accommodation in family houses
- 01 Lunch, 01 dinner and 01 Typical breakfast in Amantani.
- Lunch second day in Taquile
- Traditional Rock.
- Traditional boat trip. (Totora raft)
- Transfer of hotels outside the city.
|Tour 2 days Uros – Amantani and Taquile